To all members.
This years AGM will take place on Monday 22nd May at our usual venue the Carlton Club.
I have copied the Agenda below which includes 5 proposals from the Committee and 2 from Members.
Please read through the proposals carefully. This year there are some perhaps far reaching proposals which members may want to debate or have their say. In line with previous years we encourage members to attend the AGM at the Carlton Club so please do come along and take part.
The meeting will commence at 7.30pm. If members have any questions then please contact me on 07925988835. We hope to see you there.
Portsmouth & District Billiards & Snooker Association
AGENDA FOR A.G.M.
7.30 pm on Monday, 22nd May 2023 at the Carlton Club
After accepting last year’s minutes, brief addresses will be made in turn by the chairman, secretary, treasurer (who will provide copies of audited accounts), results secretary and the competitions secretary. Then follow:
1. That the incumbent committee, including co-opted members, be re-elected en bloc with no other nominations having been received.
2. That Rule 14 be changed to – The Honorary Treasurer shall send a Statements of Account (invoice) to each team captain or representative separately at the end of each playing season (Snooker, Billiards and Summer Snooker). Captains will be responsible for the collection of fees and fines, and the payment of these to the Honorary Treasurer within five weeks of receipt of the invoice. In the event of a Club closing, unpaid fees for teams from that Club shall become due from members of those teams, pro rata to their participation.
Consequences of Late Payment
Teams or players who do not settle accounts within five weeks will be charged a fine determined by the Executive Committee. That team maybe required to additionally pay 100% of all match fees in advance with their registration fees for any subsequent season.
3. That Rule 19 be changed to – Applications to register a team must be carried out on line via the Association Website. Captains must nominate a Vice Captain with contact number. At least 7 players must be listed ‘AN Other’ will not be accepted.
The Flat Fee for registering a team will be set by the Executive Committee. The Flat fee will be reduced by £5 per any Life Member listed on the team registration form.
Captains can subsequently register additional players throughout the season without any further fees. Further player registrations must be requested via the Hon Secretary for agreement.
Payment of Registration Fees
Captains are responsible for ensuring fees are paid on time.
If a Team Registration fee is not paid before the commencement of the season then that team will incur a fine of £15 per week up to a maximum of £45. After three weeks and if the fees plus fines have not been paid then that team maybe suspended.
4. That Rule 31 Paragraph 2remove any reference to penalties for away teams. This makes home team fully responsible for completing and submitting the scoresheet properly.
5. That under all references to Snooker Handicaps. The maximum start a player my give is 50.
- That Snooker handicaps change back to Zero-49
Proposer: Scott Compton Seconder: Mark Tillison
- That Mobile Phones/Electrical devices shall not be used whilst playing or refereeing in all games.
Proposer: Steve Scott Seconder: Trevor Sanders